Blurbs And Links
- NEW April 2017 Kirk is on tour with American Idol- Casey James PHOTO More pics soon
- April 2016 Playing bass in a Musical play with hit songwriter Becky Hobbs. Duane Sciacqua on guitar and Musical Director formerly with (
Paul McCartney, Joe Walsh , Glenn Frey)
- April 2016 Cutting some tracks for Dangerous Guitars site with another brass player Billy Sheehan on the fancy stuff. I'm on the meat and potatoes with Gus G. from OZZYs band on guitar
- 12-2015 Evaluating a new amplifier with amp builder Jeff Genzler for his
new line of amps to be revealed at NAMM 2016 in SoCal
- 11-2015 Some great Video and recording sessions with Grammy winning Guitar Player Redd Volkeart for Dangerous Guitars website
- 5-18-2015 We are excited to announce that Kirk Powers is now part of the Form Factor Family of Artists! Welcome Kirk! Thank you for playing "The Tone You Feel".
- 5-1-2015 I am happy to announce that I have been welcomed into the EMG Pickup endorsement family. I have been using their pickups for decades. I love their stuff
- ROAD TO JACKSONVILLE - France
Interview RUSTY BURNS (Point Blank) September 2014
is an awesome bassists and undoubtedly one of the best we have been blessed to work with. He and Greg came in to the band at the same time, shortly after Phillip's passing. He is extremely musical and a master of his instrument, so I know Phillip would be as pleased as we are that he is a member of Point Blank. The building of the musical relationships between Kirk, Mike, and Greg seemed to be an automatic fit. Whenever you put high calibre accomplished musicians together the music
becomes the glue that bonds them together and Kirk's ability to interpret and express the feel of the music has made every transition very natural and easy.
- Ill be attending The Alleva Coppolo 4th annual BASSACRE in LA. April 5, 2014 More info www.allevacoppolo.com
- I just ordered an Xsonics 1155TF cab.. whooo hooo
- 10-28-2013 Make-A-Wish event (VIDEO) with Alleva~Coppolo Basses and Guitars, Houston, Hard Rock Cafe
- 9-28-2013 GK Fusion MB800 heading my way
- I'll see you all at the 3rd annual Alleva Coppolo
St. Valentines Day Bassacre. In LA. Calif Feb 2013
Alleva Copplolo bass day clinic and Trade Show
- Got NAMM? I will be at the Alleva Coppolo Booth 1558 at NAMM 2012 in Anaheim, CA . Jan, 19 - 22, 2012 Come say hi.
- Just got my new Genz Benz ShuttleMAX 9.2 Bass Amp. YeeeHaw
- Wow, very cool. I was added to the Genz Benz Artist page !! Click Here
- February 2011 Genz Benz Streamliner 900 All I can say is Wow
Amp/Cab pic here
- January 2011 NAMM show Los Angeles, CA Alleva Coppolo booth
- My professional amplifier company Genz Benz is shipping me their new gear for 2011. The new Streamliner 900 amplifier. 900 watts with Class D power, 3 Tubes with 6 class "A" gain stages, and the new Genz Benz Uber 1288t UQ speaker cabs for my upcoming Point blank and other high profile gigs to be announced soon.
- Oct. 22, 2010 I will be at Bass Player Live in Los Angeles, CA. Representing Alleva Coppolo basses
- Photos Point Blank gigs in Monte Carlo, Monaco and Paris,France
- August 2010
My new Alleva Coppolo LG5 Super Custom Bass is being sent to finishing. Only a few more weeks to go before I take delivery. This is a highly customized LG5, body size , shape, custom cut neck profile etc. Looking Forward to it!
- July 2010
After the sudden passing of Philip Petty, I have been selected and start rehearsals for tours with classic southern rock band Point Blank. Yup Oh Nicole!. Incredible Rusty Burns and Mouse Mouse Mays on guitar and John O'Daniel's on vocals
- January 2010
At NAMM 2010 in Anaheim , CA with Alleva Coppolo Basses Booth 1655
- November 2009
Just received my Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0 Amplifier. All I can say is Wow!
- May 2009
Now a Westone family member with my product endorsement of the Westone ES2
- January 2008
Unveiling of my new Alleva Coppolo
KBP-5 at Winter NAMM 08 I have some early pictures on my Myspace.
- December 2007
My new Alleva Coppolo LG5 has been completed and shipped to me. I should have it in a few days. LG-5 Custom with
old growth Alder body, Nitro Inca Silver paint with matching headstock and only LG5 with a Maple fingerboard other than my other LG5.
- November 2007
Yes.. it is the month of my Birthday, But also I have a custom signature set of strings in association with Alleva~Coppolo basses and guitars. Stay tuned
Alleva Coppolo of New York is in final development of my signature KBP5 bass. It will compliment my KBP4 design. Product release is scheduled for winter NAMM 2008 in Los Angeles.
- April 2007
Thank you Peter Montessi of A-Designs Audio Professional Audio Products for bringing me on board with the REDDI Tube DI.
This Box Rox!
And changed the way I record my basses.
- February 2007
I am proud to announce that I am new to the Genz Benz amplifier family. Thank you to Roger Hart of Genz Benz for your excellent support and product knowledge.
Genz Benz site
- Matt Rubano from "Taking Back Sunday" is a new player of my signature model Alleva~ Coppolo KBP-4 - Bass Player Magazine January 2006 page 66.
- January 2005
Ashdown Bass Gear. I bought a combo for studio work.
- April 2005
Kirks new association with PreSonus Audio:
Kirk Powers is a prolific bass player, who has appeared on a staggering number of recordings, tours, clinics and other events. With contributions to RIAA-Certified Gold and Platinum recordings, his resume includes collaborations with Roger Nichols (Steely Dan), Deborah Gibson (Atlantic Records), American Tears (Columbia Records), Dave Lebolt (David Bowie,
Billy Joel), Steve Hass (Manhattan Transfer) and Jellybean Benitez (Madonna). Whether recording or playing live, Kirk turns to his PreSonus TubePre and Comp16. Read More...
From PreSonus Website:
He said, "I have to tell you that
the Comp16 is really a fabulously smooth sounding compressor. I have a few other higher-priced optical compressors which are fine. I started using the Comp16
for its ease of setup AND I really like the way it makes my bass sound; not squashed. It keeps my Sadowsky and custom Alleva-Coppolo basses sounding like themselves. I am actually thinking of ditching my normal bass rig head--which is either an SVT head for rock or Alembic tube preamp with a Crown power amp--for the PreSonus TubePre, Comp16 and EQ3B parametric EQ!"
- From Sadowsky Guitars Website:
"I tell people that change from one 5-string bass to another, that all they need to do is get a Sadowsky
5-string and their hunt for the perfect 5 will be over.
I got my first Sadowsky in 1994 and never went back.
Perfect tone, perfect feel ... from Texas Blues to New York Pop and R&B, my Sadowsky is a 'plug-and-play' bass that allows me to get the sounds that I want ... easily!"